Every Roku Device comes with a portable remote which can be used to control basic functions for the Roku device. With the help of your Roku Remote you can control the volume of your device and shuffle through the channels with ease. You can also use your Roku remote to control the power of your TV. However, you need to Program A Roku Remote to work with the TV before you can use it. When you Program Roku Remote To TV, your TV basically learns to identify Roku remote as a remote for it self. After the programming is successful, you can enjoy using your remote with your TV.
In case you have been having some difficulties and have not been able to Program Roku Remote, you can scroll below and look at our step-by-step guide on How To Program A Roku Remote To TV. By following the simple steps given in the guide you can easily navigate yourself through the process.
The Step-By-Step Guide On How To Program A Roku Remote
Programming Roku Remote To TV is an easy process and it can be done during early setup and activation of the Roku streaming device or after the setup is completed.
How To Program A Roku Remote During Early Setup And Activation Of The Roku Device?
If you wish to Program Your Roku Remote during the set-up of your Roku Streaming Device then you should follow the following the steps: Twitter
- Turn on your internet connection and make sure that your Roku Device as well as your remote has access to it.
- As soon as the Remote gets connected, the TV screen will notify you with a message. The message will read that you can now control the volume and power of your TV.
- You should try increasing and decreasing the volume to check if the device is properly connected.
- Make sure you set the volume to an audible level so that any noise doesn’t startle you.
- Now select “check remote settings.”
- You should now be able to see a notification message. This message should read something like, “Music is currently playing. Do you hear it?”
- Select the “Yes” option if you can hear the music playing. Select the “No” option if you cannot hear the music.
- After you selected the option, you would see another notification. This notification should read something like, “Did the music stop playing?”
- If you cannot hear the music, select the “Yes” option. When you see this message in the process of Programming Your Roku Remote, you should know that the remote is trying to mute the streaming device.
- Select the “No” option, if you can still hear the music and it has not stopped playing. This means that your Roku cannot recognise the TV. You can rectify this error by choosing a TV manually. Select the Enter TV brand option and type the brand of your TV. You can type the brand of the TV by using the on-screen keyboard.
- Once you have done that, your Roku Device will try to play the music again.
- If you can hear the music, you should select “Yes.” This would be followed by Roku trying to mute the music. It will ask you if the music has stopped and you should select “Yes”if you cannot hear it anymore.
- Now select “OK.”
If you have followed all the steps carefully, you now know How To Program A Roku Remote To TV during the set-up of your streaming device. After performing the last step, you have successfully completed the process of Programming Roku Remotes and you will now be able to use the remote to control the volume and the power of your TV.
How To Program A Roku Remote After The Setup And Activation Of The Roku Device?
If you don’t know How To Program A Roku Remote To TV after the streaming device has been activated, don’t worry. Look at the steps below to Program Roku Remote To TV and follow them to go through the process:
- Press the “Home” button on your remote.
- Now when you see the menu, navigate yourself to “Settings” using the arrow keys.
- Select “Remote.”
- Then select “Set up Remote.”
- Select “start.”
- The set-up should now run automatically.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until the process is completed.
- Now try increasing the volume and see if the TV responds. If it does, you have successfully completed the process.
If you have followed all the steps till here then you would have been able to Program Roku Remote To The TV. In case you are still facing difficulties throughout the process, you can write to us or you can contact Roku Support Number for further assistance.