All Roku Devices come with a handy Roku TV Remote that can be used to control the device while using it. These remotes initially need to be paired with the Roku device before they can be used with it. Once successfully paired, a Roku Remote Control can be used to control volume and power for your TV. It can also be used to help you shuffle through the various channels. However, if you realize that your remote has stopped responding, you may be considering resetting it.
This blog is to help you to Reset Roku Remote, however, before we go to the step-by-step guide on how to go through with the process, let’s make sure that there are no other reasons why your Roku remote has stopped working.
Do I Need To Reset Roku Remote?
Answer the following questions with a ‘yes’ or ‘no’:
- Have you not replaced the batteries of your Roku remote?
- Do your Roku TV Remote has signs of physical damage?
If you have not replaced the batteries of your remote and your remote is damaged, then you should consider changing your batteries and buying a new Roku TV Remote, which is to say you do not need to Reset Roku Remote.
But if your device does not show signs of physical damage and have already installed a fresh pair of batteries then you should definitely consider resetting your Roku Remote.
How To Reset Roku Remote?
Roku Remote Controls vary according to the models. Some of the older models are based on infrared technology and they do not need to be paired or reset. Therefore, they don’t have a reset button and can simply be replaced if they have not been responding for a long time. Facebook
If you have a newer model, you probably have an ‘Enhanced “point-anywhere” remote’ which has a home button, a back button, a directional pad, and buttons to play and pause the video. The reason why these ‘Enhanced “point-anywhere” remotes’ are more in trend is because unlike infrared Roku Remote Controls, they do not need to be pointed or kept directly in the line of sight of the Roku device. Once paired, such remotes can be used to control the device from any direction, which makes it easier for the user and brings more comfort in the watching experience.
If your Enhanced “point-anywhere” remote’ is not responding then you need to Reset The Roku Remote by following the steps given in the step-by-step guide. However, you can use other alternatives to replace the remote until it starts working.
There are many alternatives for Roku TV Remotes. You can use the virtual remote by downloading the Roku app or can download the Remoku Chrome extension to control the device from your laptop. To use both of these, you need to pair your Smartphone or your windows device to your Roku Support Number and then you will be able t control it.
Having said that, let’s see how you can Reset Roku Remote.
Step-By-Step Guide To Reset Roku Remotes
To reset Roku Remote, follow the steps given below:
- Open the back panel of your Roku TV Remote and remove the batteries.
- Unplug your Roku player by disconnecting the power cable.
- Now, wait for 5 to 10 seconds and then plug the power cable back into the Roku Remote Control again.
- Wait until you see the Roku’s home screen on your TV. Once you see it, insert the batteries back into the Roku Remote.
- Now press and hold the reset button and count to five. Reset button is a small button located in the battery compartment. Remember to hold it for 5 seconds.
- During this process, the pairing light should flash. You can find the pairing light in either the battery compartment (near the reset button) or in front of the remote.
- The Roku Remote Control should now reset and pair with your Roku player.
If you have followed all the steps carefully, you would have been able to Reset Roku Remote without any difficulties. After resetting your remote, you should be able to use it smoothly and operate your Roku TV with ease.