Roku has revolutionized the watching experience by allowing a theater like streaming of web-content on the TV. However, for any Roku Device to go through the process, it needs to be connected to a wireless internet connection. Usually this can easily be done by going to the “Roku Network” and setting up a wireless connection. Sometimes though, Roku can show difficulties in getting connected to a network. If your Roku Does Not Connect with the Wi-Fi, you should not worry. There can be many reasons why Roku Is Not Connecting To Wi-Fi but by following the steps mentioned in the step-by step guide below can help you to resolve them and successfully connect your Roku Device to your Wi-Fi.
Step-by-Step Guide for when Roku is Not connecting to Wi-Fi
In case your Roku Is Not Connecting To Wi-Fi, you can follow the stepwise procedure to fix the issue:
- Open your Roku Device and make sure that you are trying to connect the Roku device to the correct Wi-Fi SSID. Sometimes, users can select the wrong Wi-Fi SSID which is one of the main reasons why their Roku Does Not Connect to the Wi-Fi connection.
- Now, you should check whether you are entering the correct password while connecting your Rou device to the Wi-Fi network. The password that you are entering should be the password for the Wi-Fi SSID to which you are connecting your Roku Device. Make sure that the characters in the password are correctly typed as they are case sensitive.
- If it still doesn’t work, you should try to connect another one of your smart devices to the router and check if you are able to access the internet through the Wi-Fi network. Sometimes the connection could be weak which could be a reason why your Roku Connect To WiFi Without Remote. However, if you are able to access the web over this wireless connection through another smart device, you should move on the next step.
If you are unable to access the internet from other devices as well, you need to check the router’s network connection and make sure that it is set right. Once the connection has been fixed, you can try to connect the Roku device to the router again.
- If your Roku Is Not Connecting To Wi-Fi despite all the above attempts, you can try restarting your device. In some cases, a Roku device needs to be restarted to solve the Wi-Fi issues. To do so, follow the following steps:
- Go to Settings .
- Select System.
- Now find and select the System Restart option. Facebook
If your Roku Device does not have the option to do this, you can simply disconnect the power cable and reattach it after a few minutes.
Following the above steps should have helped you to perform a troubleshoot when Roku Does Not Connect to the Wi-Fi networks. However, if you are unable to undo the Roku Wi-Fi password error, you can look at the steps mentioned in the guide below to fix it.
step-by-step guide to fix the Roku Wi-Fi Password Problem when Roku does not connect to the internet
Follow the steps below to fix the Wi-Fi password problem when Roku Is Not Connecting To Wi-Fi:
- Firstly, you need to ensure that you have typed the name of the wireless network correctly. Check for errors in the name of the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, make sure that the password you entered is the typed correctly. Take care of case since the passwords are case sensitive.
- Now, try to connect to the internet. Check whether the router is working.
- Also make sure that the router is placed closed enough to the Roku device, and has a good signal strength.
- If not, then re-locate the router to a place from where the signal strength is strong.
- If your Roku Does Not Connect even now, restart the Roku Device and the router.
- To do so, you can go to the Roku player and launch Settings. Then select System, and click System Restart.
- To restart the router, disconnect the power cord. After a while connect it back. You can also long-press the reset button if your Router has that.
If you have followed all the above steps then your Roku Support Number should now be able to connect to the Wi-Fi.