What Is The Procedure To Connect Roku To WiFi Without A Remote?
Connecting to a new network without a remote can be tricky but not impossible. You just have to make sure to have an Android Device and a good wifi connection. Follow the step-by-step guide to know about the procedure to Connect Roku To WiFi Without The Remote.
- Connect a second mobile device to the mobile hotspot, and then launch the Roku App.
Using the Roku Mobile App as a remote, go to the Network settings on your Roku Device
Change the network settings to match the new WiFi network you want Roku to use.
Toggle off the Mobile Hotspot on your phone and connect it to the new WiFi network you just used for the Roku.
Use the Roku mobile app remote as you would the original hardware remote
How To Connect The Roku Device Using Mobile Hotspot?
Before getting straight into the procedure, it is important to note that not all mobile plans include mobile access. Ensure to check your wireless service plan before using the mobile hotspot access. Using a mobile hotspot for Roku Connect can be done with these simple steps mentioned below.
After unlocking your mobile, go to the settings option.
- Unlock your phone and go to Settings
- Click on the Mobile Hotspot option and then choose Set up Mobile Hotspot.
- Select the OK option and then add the Wi-Fi network name and choose the Security mode as WPA2 PSK.
- Save the Mobile Hotspot you have created. Activate the hotspot in the final step.
- The next step is to download the Roku app on your phone from the Google Play Store app
- Open the app on your device after installing it and press the Remote icon available at the bottom of the screen.
- Further, press the remote icon available at the bottom of the screen. Use the keys available.
- Go to the Settings menu and find your wireless network and enter the passcode correctly, and the device will be connected to the Internet to Connect Roku to Wifi without a Remote.
What Is The Solution For Connecting TCL Roku TV To WiFi?
In order to enjoy your TCL Roku TV’s streaming capacities, it is important to connect it with the internet. This can be done via wifi or by using an Ethernet cable. Refer to the step by step instructions below for smooth functioning:
- Firstly press the home button and then go to the settings options after scrolling down.
- With the help of the Right-Arrow button, you have to choose the Network option followed by the Wireless option
- A thorough scanning for available networks will resume.
- After the display of a list of networks scroll the screen downwards and select your wireless network.
After entering the correct security key, your TCL Roku TV is now connected to the internet.
How To Connect Roku Streaming Stick To WiFi Without Remote?
In order to use your Roku Player Without A Remote, download the Roku app on your smartphone or tablet. Connect the device with the app to the same WiFi network as your Roku Player. Then select Devices in the app and tap the remote icon. Let’s get into the step-wise procedure.
- Ensure you have two mobile phones handy with the Roku app installed on any one of the devices.
- Click on the grid-shaped icon on your phone in order to launch the mobile Settings screen.
- Go to the Mobile Hotspot option Roku Stick - Connect Roku to Wifi without Remote, Open the Hotspot menu by selecting the Setup Mobile Hotspot option. Tap OK on the Mobile Data Usage status screen.
- Enter the security key and other Wi-Fi network information that is saved on your Roku Device.
- After Launching the Roku app on another phone and scroll to the bottom screen to tap the Remote icon, you ought to turn on your Roku Device and launch the Network Settings window on it.
- Alter the network settings to match your new Wi-Fi network that you want to connect to.
- Now, turn off the Mobile Hotspot on your phone and connect it to the network that your Roku uses
How To Connect The Roku Device To Wireless?
Before setting up the Roku Device for directly streaming, it is important to link it to the internet. Make sure to have a free and smooth flow of internet so that there are no interruptions. Follow the elaborated procedure as to how to connect to wireless.
- While connecting the Roku to wifi, go to the connection mode and select a wireless option. Your Roku Device is advanced enough to detect the nearby wireless networks on its own.
- Choose the SSID from the list displayed on your screen. In case the name of your network is not present then select the scan option for viewing all the wifi networks available
- Once your Roku Device confirms its network you must type WEP or WPA key
- Select the Settings option and select Network, and then tap the Select Set Up Connection button.
- Touch Wireless and do not continue until the Roku Device finds your wireless network
- Enter the key and wait for the device to connect to the network.
How To Solve The Roku WiFi Connection Issue?
In case your Roku Device is unable to connect to your home router or there is an interrupted internet connection then you might face hindrances in setting up your device. You might not be able to launch channels if your network or internet connection is lost as soon as your device is set up.
- Switch on the power on your Roku Device and connect the power cord with the wall outlet
- Make sure to choose the correct wireless network name and provide the correct password
- Now your router will allow access to the internet
- Select --> Network--> Check connection. Now it will check the connection status and measures the speed of the connection.