ROKU SCREEN MIRRORING
Roku’s Screen Mirroring feature is one of the many reasons for its international success. With the help of this feature, you can cast your Smartphone screen or your Tablet screen to a TV. Roku Mirrors the screen of your android or windows device to enable a mesmerizing visual experience. You can view your images and videos on your TV screen or play games and watch movies on the big TV screen. You can even stream music and open WebPages, with any compatible TV device using Roku Screen Mirroring.
HOW TO CAST TO ROKU?
If you are unable to Cast To Roku, you can look at the guide written below to effortlessly mirror your screen to Roku. But before you go ahead with the Roku Screen Mirroring Process, you need to make sure that:
- Your Roku Device must operate on the version 7.7 or later operating systems. This is because these versions have the screen mirroring feature enabled on them by default.
In case your Roku Device is running on a previous version, you need to enable the Screen Mirroring Feature on. To turn the Roku Screen Mirroring Feature on, follow the steps given below:
- o Select the “Settings” button from the left navigation window.
- o Select “Screen Mirroring button.”
You should now be able to turn your Screen Mirroring on your Roku Device.
HOW TO MIRROR SCREEN TO ROKU TV?
When you cast your Screen To Roku, you can watch your favorite shows or videos from any mobile or Windows device wirelessly on your TV. Roku enables a theater-like watching experience for you through its remote casting. You can enable the Screen Mirroring by following the steps given below:
HOW TO MIRROR SCREEN TO ROKU WITHOUT WI-FI?
You can Cast To Roku with or without the internet. However, you need an internet connection to initially set up the Roku Device. Once you have set-up your device, you can use the Plex media server to mirror your screen to Roku without using Wi-Fi with the help of the steps given below:
- Open the Channel Store menu on your Roku Streaming Stick Device.
- Find and select the “Streaming Channels” option.
- Now, select the “Search Channels” option on the Streaming Channels section.
- Type the Plex keyword in the search bar and select the OK button on the remote control panel to go ahead. Then click “Add Channels” on the Plex window.
- This should add the Plex channel to the Roku Channel list.
- Now, open the Plex channel to start the Roku Screen Mirroring process. if you are doing this for the first time, you would need to sign in.
- Follow the on screen instructions visible on the Roku TV to connect your mobile or Windows to Roku TV.
- You can now select the video or movie you want to play on the TV to check if the same content is displayed on the Roku TV.
CAN YOU CAST TO ROKU 2?
Casting to Roku 2 is not at all a difficult task. However, in case you have been facing difficulty while Screen Mirroring to Roku, you can follow the steps we have mentioned below to easily cast your screen to Roku 2. If your windows device functions on Windows 8.1, you can follow the steps given below:
- Select the “PC & Devices option” in the Settings window o.n your computer.
- Select the “Device” button, then go to the” Add Device” option, and find and select your Roku 2 device from the drop-down list to connect it to your Windows 8.1 device.
If your windows device functions on the Windows 10 operating system, follow the steps given below:
- Open the “Action Center” by navigating to it on your device or you can simply search for it in the search bar on the taskbar of your desktop screen.
- Select the “Connect” option and let your device scan and present all the devices available around it.
- Once the scan is complete, find and select your Roku device from the list of available devices and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
HOW DO I MIRROR SCREEN TO ROKU 3?
Before we cast to Roku, we need to make sure that you are using the latest version of Roku software available for your device. This is to avoid all kinds of unnecessary complications during the process. Therefore, before we begin, you must install the latest software updates available for your device if you haven’t done that already. Having done that, you can easily mirror screen to Roku 3 by following the steps mentioned below:
To Cast To Roku 3 from your mobile, tablet or any other android device, follow the steps mentioned below:
- We cannot cast to Roku TV if Roku is not updated. Therefore, first thing to do is to check if your Roku Device is using the latest version of software available for it
- To check it, you can navigate to the “Settings” menu and select the “System Update” option. Now select “Check Now” to check for any Roku Update.
- After updating your Roku Device, go to the “Settings” menu and select the “Enable Screen Mirroring” option to begin the Roku Screen Mirroring Process.
- Select the “Cast” option. This should show you a long list of all the devices available for casting on your android screen.
- Select the Roku 3 Device from the list of compatible devices and click on the “Connect to device” option.
- Doing this should successfully establish a connection between your Android Device and Roku 3 TV.
- You can now select any video or image that you wish to cast via Roku Screen Mirroring from your android device and click on “OK” button to check if the connection is stable.
- If you can see the video or the movie on the Roku TV, then you have successfully completed the process of casting to Roku.
CAN I MIRROR SCREEN ON ROKU EXPRESS?
Before we begin with the Roku Screen Mirroring, we need to check if the model of your Roku Express Device Supports Screen Mirroring. In case of Roku Express, some of the models do not support the screen mirroring feature. It is supported on model 3900 but not on the 3700. If your device belongs ro the 3900 series, then you can cast to Roku Express using the steps given below:
- First let’s make sure that your android device is compatible for casting. you can do this by checking if your android device is operating on version 4.2 or above.
- Also make sure that your Roku Express stick is using version 3 or above.
- Having done that, navigate to the 'Settings' window on your Android device and select the “System Update” option on it.
- Let the device scan for any available updates and select “Update now” if any android system update is available.
- Now, go to your Roku Device and connect it to a TV.
- From the “System” menu, find and select “Screen mirroring” and then click on “Enable screen mirroring”.
- Meanwhile, open the “Settings” on your android device and find the “Display” option. Under the “Display” window, find and select the “Cast” button.
- This should lead your android device to scan for all the available casting options. Once the scan is completed it shall show you a list of options available to cast. You need to select your Roku device from the result list to mirror screen to Roku.
- Now follow the on screen instructions on the android device to complete the Roku screen mirroring process.
HOW TO MIRROR SCREEN TO ROKU FROM IPHONE?
To Cast To Roku using an iPhone, you need to setup the Roku receiver and download and install the “Roku” App on your iPhone. Once you have done that, you can simply follow the steps written below to successfully mirror your screen to Roku:
- First we need to ensure that your Roku receiver and your iPhone are connected to the same internet network.
- Also confirm that screen mirroring has already been set up on your Roku receiver.
- Now navigate to the “Settings” menu on your Roku TV and select the” System” option.
- Now select the “Screen Mirroring” option.
- Now check if “Always allow” option is selected in the “Screen Mirroring” tab. You can do this by looking for a checkmark at the end of the option. If you see the checkmark then it means that the option is selected.
- Meanwhile, download and install the “Roku” app on your iPhone
- Once the installation is complete, launch the Roku app on your iPhone
- The “Roku” app will begin to search for the “receiver” as soon as it is launched
- Once it has completed the scan, you will be able to see the device on the screen. Tap on it to enable its connection with the iPhone.
- Once the connection has been established, you can cast to Roku by selecting any video, images or movies from your iPhone.
HOW TO CAST TO ROKU FROM ANDROID?
You can easily proceed with the Roku Screen Mirroring Process by following the steps mentioned below:
- Before we begin to Mirror Screen To Roku, we need to make sure that you have enabled the screen mirroring feature on your Roku Device.
- Check if your android device operates on 4.4.2 android versions or later.
- Then confirm that your android device and the Roku TV are connected to the same wireless internet network.
- Once you have checked that, you need to enable the “screen mirroring” feature on your android device. Navigate to the “Settings” window and then select the “Display” button.
- Select the “Cast Screen” option or any other similar option and then go to its “Menu.” You can usually find the “Menu” on the top-right corner of the android interface.
- Now select the “Enable wireless display” option and wait for your Roku device to appear in the “Cast Screen” section.
- Once you can see your Roku device on the screen, select it to begin the Roku Screen Mirroring.
- After the process is successfully completed, you will be able to cast videos and movies to Roku with ease.
HOW TO MIRROR SCREEN TO ROKU FROM IPHONE 6?
For you to cast to Roku from any iPhone device, you need to Install Roku App on your phone. The screen mirror feature on the Roku app is critical to allow you to Mirror Screen To Roku TV. Follow the steps given below to download the Roku app and successfully perform Roku Screen Mirroring:
- First you need to download the Roku app. For doing so, launch the “App Store” on your iPhone 6 and search for the Roku application.
- Once you have found the app, download and install it.
- After installation is complete, click on its icon to launch it.
- Also check that your IPhone 6 and Roku TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- You can follow the on screen instructions on the Roku application to allow it to perform a scan of all the available Roku devices.
- Once the scan is completed, you will be able to identify your Roku device on the screen. Tap on it to establish a connection between your iPhone and the Roku TV.
- Now click on the circular icon with a black dot in the center to begin screen recording.
- Then, select your Roku TV option. This should be located below the Camera Roll, and then select “Start Broadcast” to cast your photos and videos to Roku TV.
- If the contents on the iPhone 6 screen are being mirrored on the Roku TV, then you have successfully completed the Roku Screen mirroring process.
HOW DO I MIRROR SCREEEN TO ROKU TV FROM MACBOOK?
To Cast To Roku From Macbook, you have to make sure that your Roku device is using the latest version of the software available for it. We recommend that you go to the “Settings” menu and select the “Update” option to check if there is any update available for your device. In case an update is available, install it before you proceed. Perform the steps as given below to successfully Mirror Screen To Roku From Your Macbook:
- First, enable the screen mirroring feature on your Roku TV .
- To do so, you need to go to “Settings” tab and select the “System” option. Now click on “Screen Mirroring”. This will enable the screen mirroring option.
- Now, go back to the Home screen of your Roku TV and select “Channel store”.
- Now select “Personal Media” followed by “Mirror for Roku.”
- You should now see a “Go to Channel” option. Click on it.
- Click on the link displayed on the “Mirror your Mac” page using your “Mac Pro” or “iMac.” Now click OK.
- Open Safari on your Mac Pro or iMac and type the link displayed on the “Mirror your Mac” page.
- Press Enter and then click “Download” on the official page of Roku.
- This should allow you to install the Roku application on your Mac Pro.
- Click the “mirror for Roku.” This should be an icon at the top of the Mac taskbar.